Pulmonary disease, Sarcoidosis, Lung transplantation
Flow cytometry, Multiparameter analysis
10.0 mL (min. 5.0 mL) Bronchoalveolar lavage in sterile container
Lavage stable for 48 hours at 2-8°C
Storage & Handling
Add 2-4 mL MPLN transport medium for overnight shipment.
Ship with a cool pack. (Do not allow cool/refrigerated packs to directly contact samples.)
Causes for Rejection
Specimens stored at incorrect temperature; Non-viable specimens; Specimens in inappropriate anticoagulant; Too few cells; Hemolysis; Specimen clotted
- Papiris SA et al. (2007). CD8+ T lymphocytes in bronchoalveolar lavage in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Journal of Inflammation.
- Reichenberger F et al. (2007). Bronchoalveolar lavage quality influences the T4/T8 ratio in sarcoidosis. Respiratory Medicine.
- Smith PA et al. (2006). Cytometric analysis of BAL T-cells labeled with a standardized antibody cocktail correlates with immunohistochemical staining. Cytometry.
- Tutor-Ureta P et al. (2006). Prognostic value of neutrophils and NK cells in bronchoalveolar lavage of sarcoidosis. Cytometry.
- Papiris SA et al. (2005). Relationship of BAL and lung tissue CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocytes, and their ratio in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Chest.